Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Bob Dylan Tribute to Social Media and Blogging to Further My Writing Career Plans


"I ain't a-saying you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right."

Bob Dylan - "Don't Think Twice Its Alright"

Well, yes, once again Suzanna has played Charlie Brown to the Internet's Lucy Van Pelt....

I once again trusted that the YEARS, yes, YEARS of writing I had accomplished as Whitewater Valley Adventures would be transferred safely as I made it a public blog earlier this year. And that body of work was....for a time it seems. 

Now it is gone. Some where out in the ether we call "the net." 

Fortunately I came from the dinosaur age of computing where we were encouraged with that the golden rule of computer work:

 SAVE SAVE SAVE
 BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP 

And so that's what I did, to a point. 
I saved and backed up my text. 
My basic writing. 
Not my entire design, not my entire media work. 

That is ok. 

Just like Old Bob croaks out to one of his long done loves in the above lyrics, I have parphrased my own version:

Its ok Blogger
You done treated me ok
You did nothin' spectacular on any day
You kinda trash canned my efforts
But don't sweat it 'cause 
I am tried and true 
at picking my face outta the dirt 
and just goin' on...

Folks - Bloggin' ain't EASY!

Anyway, I will have more on here soon.

For those of you new to Whitewater Valley Adventures let me just give you a quick over view:

Promotions ~ of local events, local businesses, local groups, local efforts!
You get the picture:
LOCAL

The Whitewater Valley is PACKED with great things to see, experience, and do. I have been spending all my time pushing that concept to the forefront of everyone's minds, or at least trying to.




No comments:

Post a Comment